Math- Introduction to an Algebra Unit
1. Identify variables in situations in which two quantities are related, and determine the dependent and independent variable.
2. Construct tables and graphs to represent relationships between variables.
3. Describe patterns of change shown in tables and graphs.
ELA- Dooley & Graham
1. Continue reading and analyzing short stories to identify plot, setting, and character development.
2. Vocabulary will be introduced.
Science- Digestive System Quiz on Thursday
Social Studies-The Rise and Fall of Rome
1. Math- Quiz on Monday, November 25
Sales price and discount, sales tax, tips, percent increase & decrease, commission, simple interest.
Graham- Roots #4
3. Science- Food Diary Log & The Digestive System
4. Social Studies- Studying Rome & Quiz on Monday, November 25
1. Science- Leaning more about how the Cardiovascular System and the Respiratory Systems work together.
2. Social Studies- ROME
3. Math- Continue to compute unit rate and using them to solve problems. We will compare unit rate prices, time, speed/ rate, and distance.
Dooley and Graham- Continue reading short stories and developing skills to identify the plot and characterization.
Graham- Task 1 and 2 of your book project. Roots #3
1. ELA- Continue with the short story unit and learning how to identify the elements (plot, setting, characterization) of each story.
2. Math- Comparing unit rates and using them to real world solve problems involving time, rate, distance, and unit rates at a grocery store.
3. Science- Continue studying the circulatory system. Finish up the Crime Scene Lab.
4. Social Studies- Learning more about the Golden Ages.
The Week Ahead…
1. Math- Quiz on Thursday
The quiz will cover using ratios, fractions, and percents to report survey results, compare recipes, and increase/decrease servings in a recipe.
2. ELA- Short Story Unit
Plot Chart, character development, and setting
3. Social Studies- Ancient Greece Research Project and Prezi
1. SCIENCE QUIZ- MUSCULAR SYSTEM
STUDY FLASH CARDS AND PLAY POKE-A-MUSCLE
2. SOCIAL STUDIES RESEARCH PROJECT AND PREZI
Graham- Roots #2
Graham- Quiz on Tuesday. We will review roots vocabulary, informational text, and brainframes.
Dooley- Informational Text and How to take reading notes.
2. Math- We will review for the upcoming quiz (Friday) on multiplying and dividing integers and fractions, and using long division to convert fractions to decimals.
3. Social Studies – Reviewing the Battle of Marathon
4. Science- We will start learning the muscle of the human body and play the game POKE-A-MUSLCE.
1. ELA- Strategies for reading Informational Text (Chew On This).
2. Social Studies Quiz- Know about Homer, Heinrich Schliemann, and be able to define Troy, Iliad, Odyssey, and Bard. See handout given in Social Studies class. I will have fake quiz for you on Monday.
3. Math- Multiplying and Dividing positive and negative numbers, multiplying and dividing positive and negative fractions and decimals, and using long division to convert a fraction to a decimal.
Finish Crawfish Lab write up.
Quiz on the Skeletal System – Thursday, September 26. Study flashcards and play Wack-A-Bone.
1. Math- Continue practicing adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers.
2. ELA- Introduction to the informational text “Chew on This”
3. Social Studies- Get ready for our first Quizlet which will cover the 5 ways of knowing notes, Minoan Vocabulary, and information about Sir Arthur Evans.
4. Science- Study the skeletal system flashcards and get ready for a quizlet late in the week.
SCIENCE SKELETAL SYSTEM